A one-day class in Toowoomba where you will make your very own Petunia Sashiko Boro Table Runner!
Under Sue Howie’s instruction, you will learn all the necessary techniques for sashiko embroidery and boro textiles. The day also includes sashiko demonstrations and a popup sashiko store. Tea and coffee will be provided.
Important: This class requires pre-payment and a firm commitment to attend. In the event of your cancellation, only the kit fee of $88 will be refundable. If an unforeseen (COVID) situation arises every effort will be made to reschedule the class or refund offered.
- Friday June 11, 10AM – 4PM
- Saturday June 12, 9AM – 3PM
- Conference Room at the Federal Hotel, Toowoomba, Queensland
- Basic Sashiko class to begin — How to sew a pre-printed piece of fabric (it will be one of the squares for the runner in your kit.)
- We’ll then learn how to trace designs onto fabric with tracing paper and a design on paper.
- Demonstration how to stencil patterns using sashiko templates.
- Small exhibition of my original work
- You are welcome to bring your own lunch if you prefer, or we can organise a pre-order from a menu provided on the day to be eaten at the Federal Hotel.
- How to do Boro. (This again will be one of the squares in your kit.)
- Includes day’s tuition, Petunia Sashiko-Boro Table Runner Kit, Tea/Coffee/Water/Juice
- Please email ticket enquiries to Marion Benfield
- Payment Method: Direct Deposit
- ACC Name: MT BENFIELD
- BSB: 082-649
- ACC no: 16 002 4810
- PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME AND SASHIKO EMBROIDERY CLASS as identifiers.
- You will need to bring some essential tools and notions to the workshop:
- Cutting Mat
- Small Sewing Scissors
- Glue Pen (This will be on sale if required.)
- Ceramic Pencil – White. (This will be on sale if required.)
- Straight Pins
- Standard Sewing Needle for basting
- Sewing Thread for basting
- Cutting Ruler (small if you have one)
- I will bring a small supply of standard sashiko threads, small sashiko projects, tracing paper, fabrics for sashiko, sashiko & quilting books, sashiko templates and more.
- EFTPOS facilities will be provided
- You’re welcome to email me at email@example.com for advance orders ahead of your class.